DivX 10 is the first software of its kind to integrate support for HEVC video across its products, including Player, Web Player and Converter—providing a free, all-in-one solution for HEVC video.
* DivX Player
delivers real-time, high quality HEVC playback of HM11 encoded video up to 1080p
* DivX Web Player
enables efficient HEVC video streaming featuring progressive playback and download in your browser
* DivX Converter
offers free, simple conversion to DIVX, MKV, MP4 and includes including new DivX HEVC 720p and 1080p video profiles
High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) or H.265 is a new draft video compression standard and the successor to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (Advanced Video Coding).
Under development by the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group and ITU-T Video Coding Experts Group, HEVC is designed for encoding (converting) and decoding (playing) video streams that can be stored and delivered more efficiently and economically.
Simply put, HEVC can deliver the same visual quality as H.264 with about half the bitrate.
- DivX Codec
installer is bundled with "DivX Browser Bar" and "Conduit Search"! You may continue the installation process without installing them.
Changes in DivX Codec 10
- Player, Web Player support HEVC real time video decoding up to 1080p
- Converter has new DivX HEVC 1080p and 720p presets
- Player and Web Player have new matching DivX 10 skins
- Web Player custom skins can be controlled via a URL
- Converter and Web Player can support multiple subtitle and audio tracks with HEVC video
- Three new languages: Russian, Korean, Italian
- MKV streaming to XBOX via ffmpeg
- DivX VOD portal to register and manage DivX Certified devices online
- Converter supports DivX Plus (H.264) video up to 4K
- Converter has better error reporting for formats not supported with DirectShow
- Converter accepts muxing of external audio streams for multi-audio AVI/MKV creation
- Converter allows user to change temp folder settings
- Converter can shut down, hibernate, or sleep your computer after encoding
- Player has a new DRM architecture core for better premium content support
- Web Player buffering indicator is improved for better indication when the video is ready for playback
- See full list of changes here
on 12 September 2013, reviewed by: jason
divx10 SUCKS! wont play ANY audio from ANY of my video files.
plays video perfectly but not a bit of audio and when I go to audio preferences and click on the correct track to use which is MPEG-1 Layer-3 audio (which is MP3 btw...the MOST USED form of audio probably on the PLANET at the moment) divx10 does not recognize it...
are you serious?!?! and i cannot find a solution for this problem ANYWHERE!
stay away from divx10!!!
on 06 September 2013, reviewed by: don
lost all sound on all my video files, how do i get back?
on 15 August 2013, reviewed by: Spozum
This is truly awful nuts.
Based on the newest video compression standard, DivX HEVC strives to deliver up to 50% better compression than its H.264-based predecessor, DivX Plus HD.