(or KMPlayer Reloaded) is a powerful media player developed by the former KMPlayer
The player provides both internal and external filters with a fully controlled environment in terms of connections to other splitters, decoders, audio/video transform filters and renderers without grappling with the DirectShow merit system.
Internal filters are not registered into the system's registry to prevent the operating system from confusing system filters.
Features of Daum PotPlayer 1.5
- Ability to play and stream most video and audio formats
- Ability to play incomplete or damaged AVI files (by skipping the damaged frames)
- Very fast and lightweight
- Can remember where the user left off in a video
- Keyboard shortcuts for just most tasks, including seeking, volume, zoom, brightness, contrast, and even subtitle resyncing
- Subtitle support, including SAA and ASS support as well as embedded subtitles in MKV, OGM, MP4, MOV, and 3GP files
- Fully skinnable, users can choose different skins for different types of files, make the window transparent, hide the window border when playing, and more
- Video filters, like deinterlacing, postprocessing, de-noise, and more for customized playback
- Audio equalizer and video equalizer, that lets users adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, and more of the video
- Many more advanced settings in the Options menu
Changes in PotPlayer 1.5.43041
- Added support for HEVC(H.265) video format
- Fixed seeking problem when playing AVCHD files
- Fixed an issue that the screen is broken while playing VC1/WMV3 files in DXVA IDCT mode
- Fixed a problem that uses too much system memory cache during playback
- Fixed an issue where some ruby tags are not displayed properly
- Fixed an issue that the screen is broken with using DXVA in certain situations
- Added Nvidia CUDA H.264 encoder
- Improved scanner for HDTV channels
- Fixed a problem with saving idx/sub subtitles
- Fixed a problem that can not play files from certain FTP servers
- Fixed sync issue of certain MPEG files
- Changed default setting of broadcasting audio compression to 48000, 128K
- Changed default setting of ASF Splitter/Source to WMF Source Filter
- Fixed seeking problem with certain DVDs
- Fixed a problem where CUDA and QuickSync decoders doesn't work with DVD playback
- Removed deprecated codecs from Built-in Audio Decoder
- The icons have been changed
- The selections of various codec formats have been added into filter control
- Added Dirac and MS Screen v1-4 codec support
- Added the ability to ignore more HTML tags in subtitles
- Enabled AVC1 to H264 processing of MPEG PS/TS files by default
- Fixed stopping problem of DVD playback when using DXVA in certain situations
- Improved seeking speed of MPEG TS/PS, MKV, OGG files
- Improved playback of multi-program MPEG TS files
- Improved thumbnail image creating function
- Improved scene explorer feature
- Added three-finger actions into touch support
- Added a process to distinguish between clicks and double-clicks
- Removed one finger tap action from touch support (it acts as a mouse click)
- Added the ability to set 2nd audio renderer
Daum PotPlayer 1.5.40105 beta
on 14 September 2013, reviewed by: tim
Very good media player. As good as old KMPlayer. But it lacks the multi-subtitle function as in KMPlayer
Daum PotPlayer 1.5.38932 beta
on 27 July 2013, reviewed by: Poxy Pig
This is an amazing player which appears to be able to handle anything thrown at it.
I would have given it 5* but for the confusing preferences, some of which are incomprehensible in the way they work (or not). Features such as aspect ratio are completely baffling in the way they are used.
Very similar to The KMPlayer by the same developer which also suffers from a confusing plethora of settings.
Daum PotPlayer 1.5.36205 final
on 20 March 2013, reviewed by: pooboy
Currently, the best player out there. Try it.
PotPlayer is able to play smoothly almost any media file you throw at it without the help of any audio or video codec packs installed on PC.