supports the most popular formats, such Xvid, MOV, VOB, Mpeg, Mpeg4, MP4, AVI, WMV, DV and stream formats.
It converts your files into a compliant DVD Video set of files and burns it on a DVD media.
The aspect ratio can be automatically selected or forced to a specific format.
The program works for NTSC and PAL video formats and creates chapters automatically.
Multiple audio tracks are supported. Version 2 uses a completely rewritten interface with subtitles support and a lot of new settings.
Features of ConvertXtoDVD 5.0
- Supported video formats: avi, divx, xvid, mov, mkv, flv , mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg-, nsv, dvr-ms, tivo, ts, ifo, vob, asf, wmv, realmedia, rm, rmvb, ogm, existing files from digital camcorders, TV/Sat, capture cards, etc. No external codecs needed!
- Supported audio formats: AC3, DTS, PCM, OGG, MP3, WMA and more...
- Able to create DVD menus with different templates available, possibility to add background video, image or audio, have chapter and audio/subtitle menus.
- Conversion advisor wizard, control of the conversion speed vs. quality.
- Fast and quality encoder, typically less than 1 hour for converting 1 movie, and supports Multi-Core processors!
- Included burning engine with burn speed control choice of SAO or packet writing methods, supports all DVD formats
- Custom and or automatic chapter creation with markers and preview window
- Advanced file merging possibilities
- Handles subtitles files, internal and external: SRT, .SUB/IDX, .SSA with color and font selection, and supports tags like italic, bold, turn on/off with DVD player remote control
- Video output for video standard (NTSC, PAL), TV Screen (Widescreen 16:9, Fullscreen 4:3) and DVD Resolution (Full D1, Broadcast D1, Half D1, SIF), or choose automatic for all choices listed above. Also convert video from NTSC to PAL or PAL to NTSC
- Video post processing settings like video resize-pad/cropping and de-interlacing options
- Multilingual support
- Works with 32 and 64bits edition of Windows XP, Vista, 7
Changes in ConvertXtoDVD 5.0
- [Bug] after iso burning, software misses preview (wesson) - resolved.
- [Bug] If I add buttons or reset my button bar on top, close and restart, I loose my added buttons. (felicia) - resolved.
- [Bug] Changing theme to windows is not saved when exiting software (felicia) - resolved.
- [Feature Request] number indicated for brightness/contrast (cedric) - resolved.
- [Bug] no drive pre selected on pc10 in burning window (cedric) - resolved.
- [Bug] audio continues playing when menu loops (cedric) - resolved.
ConvertXtoDVD 188.8.131.52 final
on 29 August 2013, reviewed by: eric
I like this software, the latest version works so well I can no longer get rid of it.
on 21 November 2012, reviewed by: Walt Kaplin
I Have tried to use other programs but to no avail. At the age of 76, I was about to give my DVD movies until I purchased Convertxtodvd4. My concerns are behind me and my DVD movies look and sound GREAT! Thank you from Gig Harbor, Washingon
on 13 June 2012, reviewed by: shoopy
Super easy to use. And the quality is excellent.